In 2008, a social enterprise named Araku Originals Limited was set up to market the world’s most uniquely grown & flavoured Arabica.
Niche coffee roasters from Japan, South Korea, Ireland, Switzerland, France bought Araku coffee at highest prices.
Araku’s flagship store in Paris was inaugurated on the 23rd February 2017.
Araku coffee is also being sold at La Grande Epicerie de Paris (owned by LVMH group), Publicis Drugstore and a few other high-end French concept stores.
It is available all over Europe through Araku’s e-store. Visit the Webstore.
A new coffee culture – the Araku culture was brewing!
- The Small & Marginal Tribal Farmers Mutually Aided Co-operative Society Limited in 2007.
- Healthy coffee bean production and picking as directed coffee experts from Ireland, Japan, Korea and India.
- Central Processing Unit which was set up to standardize the quality of the coffee being produced.
- Transformation of the low-carbon landscape into a high-carbon bio-diverse landscape, improving food security & generating sustainable income for the community by planting 9 million fruit trees & coffee saplings.
- Eco-sustainability and biodynamic agricultural practices to improve the quality of the coffee.
After B2B in Japan, South Korea, Switzerland, Ireland in the last few years, Araku coffee this year achieved a historic milestone with the opening of Araku flagship store in the famed neighbourhood of Marais in Paris. The Adivasis of the tribal area of Vizag, through this Araku brand are creating not only the world’s best coffee but proving that biodynamic & organic agriculture is the answer to sustainability and climate change.
To meet the demand for higher margins, a B2C (Business - to- Customer) model was adopted to retail Araku coffee in premium global markets.